Monday, December 22, 2008

Cookie Night

Yesterday we went to church with my parents and my sister and Graham. Julianna went to Children's Church- because she and I both learn more when she is in there. As I sat in the row with my husband, baby, parents, sister, and Graham (and knowing that Julianna was only a couple rooms away) I felt that our family was complete. Not that there won't be more kids or changes, but at that moment I felt totally at peace. I remember feeling that way last year on Christmas Eve at my parent's house.

Last night was the annual "Cookie Night" at my Grandma Hazel's house. It is probably one of my favorite days of the entire year, and definitely one of my favorite memories growing up. Every year the family goes to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner and then we make Christmas cookies. Grandma has always made homemade dough and icing. All of the brothers and sisters, cousins, and grandparents gather in the kitchen and watch the magic. There is always a little friendly trash talking about who will win the contest- although there is never a winner!
Last night I didn't make cookies. I sat in the sun room with Ansley Claire and watched from the quiet room. It was like a movie with the carols in the background and the excitement just one room away. I saw my daughter making cookies with her dad. My sister making cookies with her fiance. And my entire family together.
We are so blessed.
4 Generations



No comments: